We are looking for proposals which will address the associations goals as follows:
The purpose of the organization is to create a bridge between the principles and concepts of pyschology and the performing arts. It is our belief that the media/performing arts is one of the major sources of information dissemination throughout the world. We believe that lack of communication between performing artists and mental health workers has adversely effected the general public, and the performer. This phenomenon is likely to increase as the media becomes a more profound learning instrument and more influential to the public in the future. It is therefore desirable for mental health workers and performing artists to exhcange information in order to:
1. promote the mental health welfare of the general public.
2. promote the dissemination of mental health information to the public.
3. promote the primary mental health interventions.
4. inform mental health workers of specific stressors and life styles of performing artists.
5. inform performers of psychological principles and interventions which will decrease stressors and enhance life styles of performers.
6. promote and employ mental health interventions and psychological principles on film, television, theater and radio sets which will care for:
We encourage proposals which will facilitate a dialogue among mental health practitioners from different orientations and performing artists of different genres, including those persons who are in the fields of communications.
Deadline for Proposals is August 1, 1997.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The 1997 AAPPA Conference
430 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Mermbership Application Form